The OZMO 960 relies on a laser to map your entire home or office - once the map is complete, it will save the map, and use it to methodically clean. Using the app on your phone, you can then map off areas you don't want cleaned, or focus the robot to clean specific areas.
To create your first map, it's a good idea to set up your home, and make one change to the App:
1. Your robot may return to the charging station before it finishes mapping, and it will then recharge, and then go out and finish the map. Please note that only if you enabled the Continuous Cleaning feature, the robot can do it. If you didn't enable Continuous Cleaning, the robot won't save the map if it has to recharge mid-mapping.
2. Pick a good spot for the charging station. The OZMO 960 uses it as home base, and once the map is created, you can't move the charging station (without having to create a new map.)
3. Open all room doors and clear all obstructions that would prevent the OZMO 960 from finding all rooms, hallways and areas. However, if you have a very large home, it might be best to just map one or two rooms first. That will allow you to save your map. Later on - you can open more doors and finish mapping your home.
4. Pick up any loose items (clothing, toys, etc.) and tidy up loose cords and wires.
5. Keep your pets away from the robot during its mapping - the laser can get confused by a curious dog, or territorial cat!
6. When you OZMO 960 is out mapping, it's best to stay away from it too! Take fido on a walk, or go get that lawnmower your neighbor borrowed last fall.
Your OZMO 960 will take some time to map your home - it all depends on the size. While it's mapping, it's also cleaning. Please do not interfere with it while it's out mapping - it may stop, turn in circles and generally look lost - but just let it do it's thing. If you pick it up, you'll need to start over.
Once the robot is done mapping, it will return to the charging station. When you get home from your walk, grab a beer and check the Ecovacs Home app - and you'll see the map of your home, and a ton of features to guide and program exactly when are where you want your OZMO 960 to clean.
Please note: do not move the charging station once the map is created, as the map may be lost and you'll have to remap your home. Also, the robot won’t save the map if you control via the app to charge itself or you move it manually to other area to clean while it is making the map. Basically, go for a nice long walk while it's mapping - and let it do its thing!
When you get home, log onto your app - and you'll see the map of your home, and a ton of features to guide and program exactly when are where you want your OZMO 960 to clean.