The DEEBOT R95 relies on a laser to map your entire home or office - once the map is complete, it will save the map, and use it to methodically clean. Using the app on your phone, you can then map off areas you don't want cleaned, or focus the robot to clean specific areas.
To create your first map, it's a good idea to set up your home:
1. Pick a good spot for the charging station. The DEEBOT R95 uses it as home base, and once the map is created, you can't move the charging station (without having to create a new map.)
2. Open all room doors and clear all obstructions that would prevent the DEEBOT R95 from finding all rooms, hallways and areas.
3. Pick up any loose items (clothing, toys, etc.) and tidy up loose cords and wires.
4. Keep your pets away from the robot during its mapping - the laser can get confused by a curious dog, or territorial cat!
5. When you DEEBOT R95 is out mapping, it's best to stay away from it too! Take fido on a walk, or go get that lawnmower your neighbor borrowed last fall.
Your DEEBOT R95 will take some time to map your home - it all depends on the size. Please do not interfere with it while it's out mapping - it may stop, turn in circles and generally look lost - but just let it do it's thing. If you pick it up, you'll need to start over.
Once the robot is done mapping, it will return to the charging station. Please do not move the charging station once the map is created, as you'll have to remap your home.
Log onto your app - and you'll see the map of your home, and a ton of features to guide and program exactly when are where you want your DEEBOT R95 to clean.
Please note that DEEBOT can save the map when it completes a cleaning cycle and return to the charging dock automatically. The DEEBOT won’t save the map if you control it to charge itself or you move it manually to other area to clean when it is in its first cleaning.