Whether you have hardwood floors, carpet, or a mix of both, there is a Deebot right for you.
However, if you have shag or high-pile carpet, you may need a higher-end Deebot model to avoid those areas, as no robotic vacuum cleaner (and most regular vacuum cleaners) can not clean high-pile carpets.
- So this is Christopher again from Ecovacs with Brian from our customer support group. And we're having a little discussion about floors.
Because we had a question from Derek from San Diego, who asked us, "How do I know which is the right Deebot for my floors?"
So let's talk, Brian, quickly about hardwood floors. Let's talk about low carpet. Let's talk about high carpet.
So if you have a house that is mainly hardwood floors, an open environment and you're looking for the most cost effective solution, where do you start with the Deebot line?
- Yeah and look at both of these two models. This is the Deebot mini, which is a wifi enabled, smaller robot that's actually pretty narrow in getting the small nooks and crannies.
It has direct suction great for hardwood floors or tile and also it's got these side brushes that pushes the dirt and hair into it.
Same thing with the mini, it's also similar, suction on the mini with the side brushes. It also is a very slim model.
- [Brian] And what it does is it can get underneath couches, coffee tables, and under beds, and really clean well underneath that. So these are really great for the hard floor, whether it's tile, whether it's hardwood floor, linoleum, or laminate. These do a great job.
- So if you have a more mixed environment, where you've got some like low pile carpet or area carpets, you're probably gonna wanna look a little higher up the line like the 81 pro.
- Yeah absolutely. The moment your main focus in on carpets, whether it's medium or small pile, it's getting one of our Deebots with a brush and this brush does a great job of beading into carpets.
The other two Deebots that I spoke of earlier will do a decent job on this, but this will really pound into the carpet and get the dirt out.
It does fine on hardwood floors too and so it's got a much stronger suction.
It's a little bit bigger machine and it's got a bigger dust bin to collect more dirt.
- Now I know that over low pile carpet, low area carpets, these things do great but they do have issues with thicker pile, shag carpets, for that you as an owner probably want a more dynamic control and the ability to tell the Deebot more about your environment. For that you probably want the R95.
- Yeah and the R95, this is our most advanced model. It has all the features has this M81. It's got the brush, but it also has this laser mapping feature.
And what you do is when you first get this, you set it out and it cleans your house and as it it does it, it's going to map the entire floor plan of the house.
It's going to pick out where the couches are, the furniture, closets, everything like that. And once you get that map, it will be translated onto your phone app, and then you can actually cordon off areas of the house that you don't want it to clean.
- Ah so you have like that one carpet you're worried is gonna get it stuck.
- [Brian] Exactly.
- And you can use the app to keep it from going there.
- [Brian] Or you might want to keep it out of your kids' room where all the toys are on the floor and you don't want it
- [Brian] to get jammed up. And so once you do that, you can change this map, you can schedule it and have it go out whenever you like and you can cordon off areas.
You can also focus on areas you want special cleaning on. Maybe you want it to go through your kitchen twice versus the rest of the house just once.
You can do that with the app.
- That's excellent. Well that's great advice Brian and hopefully that will make you make sure that you get the Deebot that is best set for your home and your home environment. Thanks very much.